Getting back from Christmas and I found my Laravel Valet installation did not work anymore!

I manually added an entry to my /etc/hosts file and it worked which led me to believe the issue was with dnsmasq

After lots of googling I found the following command

dnsmasq --test 

which gave me the following response:

dnsmasq: cannot read /Users/testuser/.config/valet/dnsmasq.conf: No such file or directory

It turns out over the holiday me removing a test user from my macbook had messed up the DNSMASQ configuration.  The answer was then surprisingly simple.

sudo vi /usr/local/etc/dnsmasq.conf

Head to the end of the file and delete the reference to Users/testuser/.config/valet/dnsmasq.conf then rerun dnsmasq –test and voila it’s all working again